Thursday, April 2, 2015

Happy Easter!

Buenas tardes!

I am finally finding my way around a little better! I know most of the main streets and can find a few important places. Pretty good for only 2 weeks!

I also learned how to say a prayer in sign language. Heck yeah! One of these days I'll be tri-lingual. That's the goal at least.

It's already in the 90s here. Hot. Yuck. No me gusta por NADA. At least I peace out before the real heat hits. I am so not cut out for hot weather.

This area is SO WEIRD. I like that there are so many people, but it's different. And the active members get all weird if we ask to visit them and just stop by. Like they think they're on a list of some sort. And it's like what the heck, we have no work because all we do is knock because we don't have many investigators or less-actives to work with and so when that happens you go to the actives to figure out what to do. But they don't seem to be a fan of that. We're going to try to meet with some of the auxiliaries this week to see if we can get the wards more excited to do missionary work.

The other thing that's different is that people here aren't as friendly. Which everyone said city people aren't. It's true. They can be kinda (or really) rude sometimes. I definitely liked the outskirts much better. Not that I would choose to leave though, because the Lord wants me here to do something. Not sure what yet, but I'll figure it out!

When is Keago taking the test for her license? Because...if I'm working for Dad when I get home and she's driving, then I have no car to use. Which is fine. On second thought, can you have Dad fix up my bike? I want to bike to work. Because I really need to get in shape!

Here's a cool story! Mom, remember how you emailed me a couple weeks ago and told me that you made the sister missionaries a sack dinner? I kid you not, less than a week later we had a dinner that was cancelled and we had stopped at the church to use the bathroom when the Farrs, who are in one of our wards and have a son on a mission, asked us if we had dinner. We sheepishly said no, and then they made us a sack dinner! BUT WAIT. Here's the catch. Their son is serving in the Tacoma mission. WHAT!?!? Not a coincidence. So thanks for feeding the sisters Mom, because it meant I got fed too!

I had MLC this week, and Hermana Sutherland and I got to go together. It's like an hour away, and we talked nonstop all the way there, all the way back, and during every break at the meeting. Yup, best friends. It's funny because when we walked in half the elders were like, "No WAY are you two companions!?!?" We told them sadly no, but we're in the same zone.
Everyone said it would have been crazy if we were since we both are always just so happy to see each other and talk about each other all the time. Being in the same zone is pretty sweet though.

Well...that's all I got for now. Love y'all!

Hermana Blackford

 
Hermana Blackford and Sister Moe-Tufaga


Snakes!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment