Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Rain Rain, Go Away

Buenos Dias!!

Wow was this a crazy week - so much to tell! And President now is giving us up to 90 minutes on the computer which means I totally have no excuse for lame emails home anymore.

Hermana Martin and I just started tearing it up this week...in time for transfers.Today I'm getting Hermana Baum (like bomb)! She took my spot in Deming when I left, so yes she speaks Spanish, yes we will talk about how much we love Deming all the time, and yes I am excited! I don't know anything else about her yet.

So this last week was MLC, which meant I spent the night at President's house again on Thursday and had the meeting on Friday. There are a ton of new zone leaders and so the meeting was huge! But as always so good! Our little Saint David zone is being closed...my district goes to Sierra Vista now and Willcox to the Gila Valley. So we're in for a few changes! I love sitting in MLC and getting stoked for all the positive changes we're trying to make in the mission. I feel like the Passeys are just what the Arizona Tucson Mission needed!

This week we did a mini-MTC for the San Pedro ward (Dad do you remember when we did something like that back in Maple Grove?) for mutual. It was AWESOME! So we brought all the youth together, role-played street contacting, brought in Bro. Bailey (the now-seminary teacher who used to teach at the MTC) and had him do a language training and he taught them how to pray in Spanish, talked about prepping for missions and then gave them a Book of Mormon to write their testimonies in! It was great. Several of the laurels have come up to us since and asked about doing mini-missions :) And even better, the next day the YW leader texted us asking if we could get her some Plan of Salvation pamphlets for Sunday because as part of her lesson she wanted the girls to roleplay teaching it to a friend. We are going to have the most prepared youth ever coming out of this ward!

We finally got in touch and had a lesson with our investigator Kathy again! Once we started teaching her she had a friend end up with some health issues and she goes to Tucson every day to help her so it's been tough. Honestly she's so golden that I think it's just Satan working to do anything he can to keep her from meeting with us and reading the Book of Mormon. But we're seeing her tonight!!

It rained A TON last week and my shoes and our car got all muddy. Such a bummer.

Oh yeah! I got the funniest text from President yesterday. It said, "Ecclesiastical endorsement is done. Mom knows. And wow, the two of you sound alike. BTW, it's raining at home." I love President Passey. I burst out laughing when I saw it! I am so grateful that Mom is on top of things, and love that as busy as my mission president is that he took time to give Mom a call and let her know that it got done. I also love that he said btw. Haha :)

Cool miracle! So we got a referral for a lady named Ruth from her brother who lives in Texas. We didn't have an address, so we called the brother and got instructions on how to find her house. We showed up on Sunday night and when she first got to the door she said, "Oh girls, I'm Presbyterian. I could feel the I'm-not-interested glare coming, and quickly said, "That's great! How has your faith helped you in your life?" which began a 10 or 15 minute conversation about miracles that she has seen in her life. I then bore my testimony about God being a God of miracles and asked if I could share a scripture. She said "Sure" and as I opened the Book of Mormon in her dim porch light, she said, "Why don't you come in? It's probably getting cold." Although we only stood in her hallway, I read some verses from Mormon 9, and we were able to bear our testimonies to her. She then surprised us by saying she's actually a member! She just hasn't gone to our church in years. We asked if we could come back, and she said we could. We prayed and left with the Spirit strong. I know that when we bear our testimonies and share what we know with others, hearts are softened! It was incredible to watch her demeanor changed as she felt the Spirit.

Love you all! Have a great week!!

Hermana Blackford

No comments:

Post a Comment