Monday, February 23, 2015

Book of Mormon Stories

Hey!

So this week I am drawing a little bit more of a blank on stories, but I guess if every week I had crazy cool stories they'd be less crazy cool because they wouldn't be as unique.

We had an awesome week though! Tuesday we had interviews with President Passey, which I always look forward too. He's such a cool guy and always helps me see how I can improve and how I have improved.

Hermana Baum and I can't believe how fast the transfer is going! Even though President told me before that I'll probably go back to Spanish for my last transfer, I wouldn't be too sad if he changed his mind and left me here with her!

As some of you may have read on Facebook, I got to call Courtney!! It was so cool! I had shared a little bit of her story with my mission president and asked if I could have special permission to call to check in. He gave me up to 30 minutes to call! I was so excited! It was so cool to hear her voice and see how much she has grown. I'm so proud of her! It was really a blessing and a bit of a miracle that President allowed me to call. Usually any sort of visit or phone call with a friend is highly discouraged.

I got Kiera's letter and bracelet! Thank you!!

I was able to finish the Book of Mormon this week! My theme was promised blessings, so every time there was some sort of "if you...then..." kind of promise I highlighted it. It's amazing how much our Heavenly Father wants to bless us! My favorite though was Alma 26:22 (bold added)

Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

How cool is that! If we repent, exercise faith, do go works, and pray continually, we will be able to bring thousands of souls to Christ! I read this and it served as a reminder that numbers on your mission don't matter because you can never count the number of lives that you will touch.

My new theme is personal revelation: how people prepared to receive it and then how it came. It's a neat story on how I chose this topic. I was thinking about what I wanted to do, but wasn't sure. I asked Sister Passey and she told me to pray and go at it with an open mind, then to start reading. She said within the first few chapters I would know. That, coupled with President Passey's advice that it be something to help me with my transition from missionary to home life, lead to the inspiration for this theme! I am halfway through 1 Nefi and I love it. There is so much to be learned, and I know that it will help me prepare to make decisions on school and things like that when I get home.

If you haven't tried reading the Book of Mormon looking for a specific topic (or if you haven't read the Book of Mormon at all) you should try it! It will change your perspective on everything!

Love y'all, have a great week!

Hermana Blackford

 

No comments:

Post a Comment