Monday, January 19, 2015

Las Hermanas de San David

Hey y'all!!

I really do say y'all all the time now. It's funny. I say it and people are like, "Oh so where are you from?" and when I tell them Seattle they always look so confused! Haha. I guess my Virginia companions really rubbed off on me.

This week was insane! In the most amazing way possible.

So Hermana Martin is AWESOME. Love that girl. We already get along great and are working hard. It's fun to talk in Spanish a lot and to have someone who totally gets why white people seem so strange sometimes. It's been a whirlwind as she's trying to get the area down and we only have 2 more weeks in the transfer!

Thursday we did exchanges and I brought Sister Moon to my area. She is such a doll. Possibly one of the sweetest sisters I've ever met.

Saturday was THE COOLEST because we got to go to the temple! But this was not any temple session, we got to go to the Spanish session!!!!! Oh my gosh it was the most amazing thing ever. We were so excited all the way there. To make things better, as we were walking in, 4 of the hermanas from the branch that Hermana Martin just came from showed up! She was so happy and they took us out to lunch afterwards! How cool is that? #tendermercies

We also had stake conference this weekend, and it was good. Mostly I was super excited to see President and Sister Passey again because they came to speak. I have spent many hours with them recently, and I love it. That's the best part of being in a leadership position is getting to know the Passeys.

Hermana Martin and I were planning one day and we had this sudden realization: in our mission it is almost unheard of to have two Spanish missionaries in an English area. That means there is some very specific purpose to this! We are spending as much time possible visiting all our Spanish members because we know that at least one of them needs us or we wouldn't be here together! It's  been a lot of fun, and it's like we have a mission within the mission.

I feel like there was one more thing I was going to say...but I guess I'm getting old now and can't remember! I guess I'll have to save it for next week. And when I remember I'll write it down so I can remember next week. 

Have an awesome week!

Hermana Blackford

 

No comments:

Post a Comment