Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Transfer Time!!

Hey y'all!

I did have transfers, and since Sister Munn is going home it's no surprise I got a new companion!! Her name is Sister McNally, and she is from Salt Lake. Been out about 8 months, and I'd never met her until about 6:50 this morning. Woot woot! I will miss Sister Munn SO much!!! She was such an incredible companion. We never fought or anything. We never even had a bad day!! All good, all the time. Now let's hope I can make it that way with Sister McNally too!

SO the catch is she is NOT a sister training leader. The STLs used to be in companionships always, but with the declining number of sisters that is no longer the case. I'm what they call a "solo STL" which means my companion isn't an STL and I will only have 2-3 companionships instead of 5-6. I'm a little nervous!

Being STL does not mean I will be English. I'll probably go be an STL in the Spanish zone after this transfer. Leadership just means it's more probable that you will be switched between languanges (for those that speak Spanish).

Miracle of the week: Matt!!

Last Sunday (as in over a week ago), we'd had an appointment in the morning with some investigators, and they totally ditched. Pretty sure that was their way of dropping us. We were bummed, but their neighbor Matt was standing outside and we talked to him for a few minutes. We set up an appointment for Wednesday to see him, and oh boy am I glad we did! We taught him the Restoration and set a baptismal date for January 10th!! We've seen him a few times since, he came to sacrament meeting (is super shy so wasn't ready to come to classes yet) and has started reading the Book of Mormon! He recently moved here from Texas and has a pretty thick accent. When we leave commitments or set return appointments he always responds, "Yes ma'am." I love it!! All from our appointment falling through. More stories on him to come.

Hey sorry to break the news...but I won't be Skyping this time. Unless your parents live outside the country, it's a phone call. 30-40 minutes and that's it. President Passey is a very by-the-books kind of guy (and I'm very grateful he is, our mission needs that), and that's what the handbook says. So...I'll call you on Christmas!

Sorry for the short email but transfer day is a little hectic.

Love y'all!

Hermana Blackford

No comments:

Post a Comment