Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Still No Tucson for Me....

Hey family and friends!
 
I'm glad people liked my little story from last week. It was such a small thing but such a powerful experience. I think we miss some of those learning experiences if we just glaze over them.
 
I got transferred!! We thought Sis. Harrington would leave, but I have been assigned to St. David - as a sister training leader! For those of you that don't know what that is, it's pretty much like the sister version of a zone leader. For those of you that don't know what that is, my companion, Sister Munn, and I are in charge of 5 other companionships of sisters! We do weekly exchanges, go to MLC (Mission Leadership Conference) once a month, do trainings, and follow up on the individual and companionship progress of these sisters. I was so surprised and am nervous about this new responsibility, but I have no doubts that Heavenly Father will bless me and help me be able to do this.
 
St. David is another small, Mormon community. Still no Tucson for me! And because my companion goes home at the end of the transfer, I will definitely be staying at least 3 months.
 
Mom did you put up the sunrise pictures? Also, Elder Harris should be sending you a few more. So if they come you can go ahead and put those up too!
 
I'm trying to think of a cool story from this week...let's see. I feel like some really cool things happened but they're hard to explain to people that aren't missionaries. Haha but I can try! We had a couple different less actives that we're working with who are really progressing (I'm so sad I left them!). One of them should have met with the bishop Sunday for a temple recommend, and the other was a brother who never sat through lessons, but did this last week and even bore his testimony! It was so cool. Hopefully that gives him the motivation he needs to work to continue feeling the Spirit, because it was definitely strong as he bore his testimony.
 
We had another cool experience helping a non-member move. As I was sweeping her back porch, she said, "I have a question for you. How come there are always cars at the temple?" She knew that people got married there, but was surprised that people were there from early in the morning until late at night. We explained baptisms for the dead and about eternal marriage (and how we seal families together), and she said, "Wow! That's so cool!" and really liked the idea of giving people who never heard about Jesus Christ on this earth the opportunity to be baptized. It was a really spiritual conversation, and the porch was well-swept by the time we finished.  (:
 
I'm going to try to send a couple pictures. Love you all, have a great week!
 
Hermana Blackford
 
 
 
 
District in Thatcher
 


Trying Venison




With Thatcher Sisters



Zone October 2014



The field is white, all ready to harvet

No comments:

Post a Comment