Monday, November 17, 2014

Is It Really Monday?

Hey y'all!
 
What the heck!? Is it just me or do weeks keep passing faster and faster? It's really starting to freak me out.
 
Sorry I didn't give you enough details on my new area.
 
Not Spanish, but there are no Spanish missionaries so we have some members and nonmembers that don't really speak English that I get to talk to!
 
We're assigned to 2 English wards.
 
My companion is from Springville, UT! Post-mission friend? I think so! :)
 
Funny story for the week:
 
1) Look up a little info about Tombstone, AZ before reading this, because then you can picture it better. (For those who are too lazy to take 60 seconds to google some pictures, it's like this old west cowboy town.)
 
2) We were in Tombstone to go visit some less active members and drop by some potentials when we saw this older man, with his camo jacket, cowboy hat, and long white ponytail, walking down the street. As missionaries we talk with everyone, so we pull over (well...the member driving the car pulls over) and I roll down my window and start to talk to him. He is very friendly, has worked for an LDS guy before and knows a little about the Church, and all seems well until out of nowhere he says, "Yeah, I believe in UFOs too! So whatever Joe Smith saw out there in the desert, I believe it" and goes on to tell us about how our "elders" know so much more about the UFOs than they tell us. It's because we're sisters. And we're young. It took my all to not laugh and to try to bring the conversation back in. As we pulled away, the 3 of us were laughing so hard. We told the member, "Welcome to the life of a missionary!" She just laughed and said, "I like it!!"
 
Man are people weird.
 
Saint David is such a cute little town full of awesome people! The members are great, and I can tell I'm going to like it here a lot. We have a lot going on, but still could use some new investigators.
 
Love and miss y'all!
 
Hermana Blackford
 
 
Pictures are from her previous area a couple of weeks ago - in the Gila Valley
 
Sunrise at Red Knolls



Another picture of Sunrise at Red Knolls





Hermana Blackford



Sister Harrington, Hermana Blackford, Pima Elders and member John at Red Knolls

No comments:

Post a Comment