Monday, October 20, 2014

This Week We Did So Many Things I Can't Remember Any of Them

Hey everyone!

Alright...this is probably going to be a rather lame email but not a whole lot of exciting stuff happened this week. Zone conference is tomorrow though and I'm stoked for that. Plus I'll get to see the missionaries from good ol' Deming!

We were super busy this week and taught lots of lessons. And we rode bikes a couple days! I forgot how much I missed biking. I feel like I'm going to go home and want to bike everywhere. I also learned that apparently the bike I bought from the other sister is a SUPER nice bike. It seemed nice but the members are all like, "Dang!! Nice bike sister!"

With the 4 wards we church hop. We hit as many sacrament meetings as we can (usually go to two and greet people for one more) and we also have ward councils to attend. Which means church for us is about 9 hours. My brain feels fried by the end but it's good.

In one of the wards this week they had the Primary program. Seriously, my FAVORITE Sunday of the year. I think I feel the Spirit stronger then than during any other sacrament meeting. It was weird hearing Primary songs in English...I realized I'd forgotten some of the words. But I know some in Spanish! Haha. Anyway, all our investigators that come are from part member families so they don't really need us at church. If we find anyone that's not, we'd go with them.

On Tuesday I helped build a fence! Some elderly members needed a hand so we got a team of 8 missionaries and a family from Thatcher and got the whole thing up in like 3 hours! We had to clear some mesquite trees and pound in the posts and all that jazz. It was lots of fun though. I like manual labor. Which people think is funny because I'm not very big, but I really would rather pound fence posts than paint or clean someone's house any day.

Let's see...I got to play to piano for one of the elders' baptisms this week. We almost didn't go and I'm so glad we did not only because they realized they needed a pianist, but also because it was the daughter-in-law of a family from Rio Rico! They came out for the baptism so it was fun to see them and chat with them for a little bit. They recognized me right away and all the other missionaries were confused as to why I was so excited at first.

Well...I think that's about it for now. I'll try to come up with better stories next week.

Love y'all!

Hermana Blackford

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment