Monday, September 22, 2014

Hola hola!

Family! 

This week I came prepared to emails...I wrote down a list of 4 things to write about #preparation

So first (this answers Mom's question) we had tropical rainstorms ALL WEEK. I've never seen so much water that wasn't like a river or lake or something. And of course we thought it would be a great idea to bike on Tuesday (no time for pictures this week so I'll send some next week). Which means we were SOAKED. Literally it got to the point that we went to visit this part-member family and we were dripping on their floor. Luckily they brought us towels. Actually that led to a really cool experience too because the husband, who isn't a member and usually avoids us like the plague, chatted with us and even sat in the kitchen while we had a lesson with the kids in the room right next to it. He mostly wanted to know why we were biking when there was flash flood warnings. Haha but hey at least we're finally establishing some form of a relationship with him!

Point number two I wrote down. So our investigator Socorro (she has a new baby) told us this week that she knows the Book of Mormon is true! We'd left her and her "husband" for a week to read and pray, and when we came back she said she got her answer, and the next day she came to the baptism of one of the 8 year old girls in the branch. And LOVED it. She is really excited and finally keeping all the commitments :) 

This week we also started teaching this family - a mom and her boys who are like 8 and 10. She has 3 sisters who are all members of our branch and super incredible people. We are pretty tight with the families and so we're excited to see how this goes. The two boys have been here in Deming for a couple months and love Primary (and us) and we were just waiting for mom to get here to start teaching. They are such a sweet family and definitely already fit in with the branch.

And then...a funny story. We were asked to teach the older Primary class yesterday, and so Hna. Ellis and I had 4 boys ages 9-11 and a 2 girls. The boys are all super hyper of course and it was a little crazy, and the lesson also was not going to last the entire 1.5 hours. After we finished we played hangman (with gospel-related words) and at one point apparently I was not paying enough attention, because all of a sudden one of the boys who was sitting next to me grabbed my face and turned it towards him. I literally thought he was going to kiss me and Hna. Ellis, who was sitting across the room and saw the whole thing, seemed to think the same based on her facial expression. But he didn't, he just asked me a question. Haha I started laughing so hard because I was panicking about how to explain that a kid in Primary kissed me...crazy kids.

Also...the temple is like 2.5 hours away. We drove to Duncan first though for zone meeting and it's only like an hour from there.

I haven't really seen any wildlife at City of Rocks, but we're always running around playing capture the flag or sharks and minnows (renamed lions and gazelles because we're on land) and so I don't really take time to look for animals...

Anyway I'm about out of time. Love you all and have an awesome week!

Hermana Blackford

P.S. Transfers are next week so I won't be emailing until Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment