Monday, July 28, 2014

Christmas in July

Hey all!

I have Christmas songs stuck in my head! For the last week of July we decided we're going to listen to Christmas music. Good decision.

I think this last week was the longest and shortest week yet. I don't think I've been this exhausted in my life (which is really saying something considering that I don't sleep well at home). If I sit down for like 10 minutes without doing something, I just fall asleep. Long lessons are killer right now...I lose focus because I'm so tired! I have no idea why, but maybe it's just finally catching up to me that I've been going like crazy for 9 months straight now. It's a satisfying tired.

Yes, Hermana Ellis and I came here together and we're trying to learn the area in the 4 weeks...now down to one week...with Hna. Hardy. I think we've got things down pretty well. It's times like this that I'm grateful for having a pretty good memory and the Spirit.

Hna. Ellis is getting better at Spanish pretty dang fast! She was in a Spanish branch in east Tucson before she came here.

As for the elders...Elder Dayley and Elder Williamson are definitely pretty fun to work with. They're hilarious together and keep us laughing. They also make a funny companionship because Elder Dayley is 6'3" and HUGE and Elder Williamson is 5'8" and...not huge. They're the zone leaders too, which means they work hard. I've learned a lot from them already.

Investigators...we have Noelia who came to church yesterday! She's a sweet old lady who is super funny and absolutely loves learning about the gospel. Within 5 minutes of getting there she always asks, "Y la oracion?" and wants to get going on the lesson. Teaching her is a little slow because her memory isn't the best (we've taught her the Restoration 4 times already) but it's incredible to see how she progresses by her prayers and her answers to questions.

Church starts at 9...the website must lie. It's just normal church, 9-12.

My foot...I still can't bend it sideways all the way yet, but I think it's healing.

Well we're headed to City of Rocks for zone capture the flag today, so I have to go!

Peace out girl scouts!

Hermana Blackford
 
P.S. Remember my investigator Johnny in the Gila Valley who came to church after our lesson on the sacrament? HE'S GETTING BAPTIZED! August 9th. Hermana Lundquist told me :)

Deming, New Mexico - this is where Erin is!
 
 
Hermana Blackford's Apartment in Deming, NM - her apartment is on the backside.
 



The view across the street from her apartment 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment