Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Gila Valley!

Heyyyy!

So I did get transferred....to the Gila Valley! I'm in the Spanish branch over here which covers the whole valley. Like Thatcher, Pima, Safford, everything. Haha not a lot of Spanish speakers around here. Anyway, I am here with Hermana Sutherland - who came out a transfer after me. Yessiree I am now a senior comp! Woot woot! Not that it means anything, but it's weird to think that technically I have more experience. I still feel pretty clueless though.

I was super sad to leave Rio Rico. The thing I will miss the most is definitely the people. Some of the members and investigators there will always have a special place in my heart. And I also would have LOVED to stay another transfer with my companion, Hermana Wright. We had a couple ups and downs, but by the last week of the transfer we were super tight and didn't want to be split up. Haha she cracks me up and we have some of the funniest and weirdest conversations. What I will miss least...hmm. I think I'll miss pretty much everything, but I am really excited to be somewhere new and learn new things.

Well I should probably tell a couple super cool spiritual experiences. The first one comes from a week ago. I was on exchanges with Hna Grove (she came to Rio Rico) and we went to teach our investigator Laura. We'd planned on teaching lesson three, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but when we got there I had this overwhelming feeling that wasn't what we should teach. As we chatted, I just kept praying to know what we needed to teach her, and this scripture chain about lifting burdens came to my mind. We'd shared it with other people recently, so at first I was like "No that's not it, you just think that because you shared it with someone else." But nothing else came to mind, so when Laura stepped out of the room for a second, I told Hna Grove we needed to share this instead and she was like "Okay!" and so we did. When we finished talking about sharing our burdens with Christ and how we do that, Laura was laughing and said, "That's so crazy that you came here and shared this with me, because it answers this question that I've had all day!" I told her how we hadn't originally planned it and we were able to bear testimony about how God is aware of her personally and that we really are sent by Him to help her. It was a super powerful experience for me about the importance of listening to the Spirit and following through on the promptings we receive!

I had another little "aha!" moment this week. We were in a lesson with the elders when one of them started talking about how one of the most important things to keep us spiritually strong is to have sincere, meaningful prayers. He explained how when his prayers stopped being as sincere, his spiritual progression would tank. I realized how true that is and how important it is to remember that we are talking to our FATHER. We need to think and mean our prayers. Simply saying them isn't enough. 

Out of time this week - miss and love you!

Hermana Blackford

 

No comments:

Post a Comment