Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Transfer Week!

Buenos Dias!!!

So yes Mom, it was transfer week. Hence P-day is Tuesday. Before I answer questions and talk about my week, let me give you the low-down on what has happen here in good ol' Nogie:

Hermana Johnson and I are staying together, and she's also the new sister training leader!

The ZLs (Elders Call and Fairbanks) are no longer a ZL area (they moved the ZL area to Tucson)! Fairbanks left to be ZL in another zone and Call stepped down, but stayed in Rio Rico (heck yeah!). Elder Call is now the district leader (we have decided to call him Ex-Zone-Leader-District-Leader-Senior-Companion-Elder Call) with an Elder Roney who I met around 45 min ago when we arrived at the lab to email.

Elder Preciado (who was the DL) left, and we have some new elder who I have not yet met.
Elder Whitman left. I want to cry. We LOVE him so much, it is way sad. Things will not be the same without him. And he didn't even stay in the zone. Luckily we'll see him in two weeks at the Christmas conference. Elder Harper stayed and has a companion who I also have not met.

1) Box knocking is like if you were going to a house, and then you knocked all the houses around it (like boxed it in). It's a way to do a little tracting when you are limited on time.
2) I don't have my cord with me today...but I can send some next week. Also, did you get the picture from Sis. Bake on Dad's phone (we texted it) and an email from Sis. Astrain last night? We made cookies with the Bakes and learned how to make emapanadas with the Astrains.

3) We have a mini fridge. Though basically all we eat at home is breakfast. As of late members have been feeding us at lunch and 2-3 days we end up going out to lunch because we're gone, so we'll meet up with the elders.
4) Referrals are most definitely encouraged!!! Holy crap yes we need them. No one has any. That's the issue...not that we don't want them. We hate that we don't get any. We've gotten 2 since I got her...because we got one more last night. Haha

5) Worst thing: Elder Whitman left

Best thing: I got to bake Christmas cookies and help a less-active decorate her tree. It finally starts to feel like Navidad.
So I sorta had a lot of other people to email this week so not lots of time, but let me think of a couple quick stories.

Oh! We've been working with this less-active, and last week when we showed up, she was like "This week I want to give you guys a spiritual thought!" We were like sweet! And she reads a couple little thoughts she read online about forgiveness and how it frees yourself. The reason she had become less-active was due to offense she had taken from some things members had done. We were astounded as she shared how she had realized that she needed to forgive and that it was holding her down. She had even talked to the bishop about it! We didn't even know what to say. We are so excited for her. She has been pretty active for a couple months, and now has some amazing visiting teachers and is making friends in the ward. And her whole demeanor has changed. She looks healthier, and has a bit of a glow. It's amazing.
Another cool thing is so a week before every transfer is over, we have "The Day." Everyone in the entire mission goes on exchanges and there is a focus for "The Day." I went up to Los Reales in south Tucson (actually where I went last time) but this time with Sister Hale. The focus was on finding. And we had an AMAZING day. We found 6 new investigators, and 4 of them accepted a baptismal date. At least 3 of the news were solid, so that's cool. Plus Sister Hale is a boss missionary, so it was just a great "The Day."

Mom, I LOVED hearing about you reaching out to that sister in our ward. That is one of the most important things a member can do, is reach out to other members, especially those who are struggling. Way to be!!!
Miss you and love you all!

Hermana Blackford

P.S. I was talking about the movie Hot Rod with our ZLs like a week ago, and when they sent out a zone text it ended with a "and don't let your dads eat pie!" I laughed because Braden would say that at the end of his emails. Then Elder Call told me he put it on the text just for me, and I laughed harder. Sister Johnson and I are accepted as elders these days. We're excluded from all the negative sister generalizations made by elders. Win!

 
Making empanadas
 
Finished empanadas!

No comments:

Post a Comment